Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Like a yo-yo...

Today has been an interesting day. It's been a lot like a yo-yo... 


The morning was good. I went to class, lunch, and ran errands with a good friend. As I pulled back into the dorm parking lot after purchasing some linen pants for Africa, I received a very exciting email. I am going to be the Student Mission Team leader for the 11-12 school year! I am so very excited about the opportunities to glorify God through this position! I'm so excited that you will probably find me daydreaming about it at any given moment. 


Next, I logged on to my global expeditions account to find that I have reached 100% of fundraising! This is incredible. I'm truly speechless. But God is incredible, beyond description really. 


I am constantly in awe of this life He has decided for me to live. Every straight line, exciting turn, uncomfortable fork, or hill he has me travel on this dynamic road called life I am grateful for. Had you asked me this last semester, I wouldn't have told you the same answer. I wasn't content. But I also wasn't fully giving my everyday over to His will. And now I am. 


Here's the sudden snap back of the yo-yo... I just found out a dear friend has been diagnosed with cancer. How is it possible for all this in one day? I'm not really sure. I do know, however, that my friend, we'll call her E, is beautiful. I don't mean the worldly definition. I mean you cannot be around her without feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit. It is a beautiful experience. Something that is unfortunately hard to come by. I love to be around her, to pray with her, to be in bible study with her, and just to be friends with her. I strive to be more like her. Her gift with remembering scripture is amazing. Really, I sit amazed as she remembers verses that relate to what we happen to be talking about that night in bible study. She has the entire Lord's army behind her. She has the power to fight because she dwells in God's love, God's mercy, and God's strength. 


It's confusing, but God is in control. All I can do is try my puny human best to glorify Him. Because with days like today, with such incredible joyous news and devastating news, I must stand in awe of the Lord who gives and takes away. Blessed be His name through it all. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been touched by the Lord through the words of the message I just read. I know that I can do nothing on my own, and God knew that and knows that too, and tells us in His word that human strength can do nothing (John 15:5). I praise the Most High God for His Holy Spirit Whom He gave us. God has taught me that the Holy Spirit knows the mind of God and brings back to our memory what His Holy Word says. We must study to show ourselves approved unto God. Using highlighters to dwell on specific passages in God's Word has been a helpful visual image to me, yet we can't rely on passages we may have highlighted in the Word of God to reflect back on the Word of God, because we must hide the Word of God in our hearts that we might not sin against God, for we may not have the Holy Bible in front of us always, we must live it out with the help of God's Spirit.

    I echo the words Job spoke in the Word of God in Job 1:21-22.

    Thank you for being an awesome encouragement to me sister in Christ, Chelsea. God is using you in beautiful ways and I look forward to the many testimonies He will give you as you follow Jesus Christ our Lord. (James 1:2-4). Glory to God in the highest. God is love and He loves us so much. Have a blessed Friday and another joyous celebration of the ressurrection of our Redeemer Jesus Christ. I love you. (John 16:13, 33).

    Praying that my faith increases in the Lord Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are Biblical references concerning the Holy Spirit knowing the mind of God (a statement I made in a prior comment I posted, yet found out the truth in God's Word whether or not that is true):
    1 Corinthians 2:10, Romans 8:26-27, and Romans 11:34-36.
    May we all continue to study God's Word and have a closer relationship with Jesus Christ--the One Who endured the cross for the whole world, suffered, bleed, and died; yet, on the third day, God raised Jesus from the dead with all power in His hands. Hallelujah, our God reigns forevermore. (Luke 9:23). God bless...

    ReplyDelete