Saturday, July 17, 2010

Seven on Saturday...


I am realizing that I just am not blogging enough! So, to make sure I blog at least once a week, I'm going to start doing "seven on Saturday." (The idea is from a friend, Angela Moore. Although, she does ten on Tuesday... ) It's just going to be seven things about my week, day, or whatever. It's sort of a practice for when I will be starting Project 365 in two weeks. I'm going to document everyday of my 18th year! :) Here it goes...


1. My poor puppy got hurt this week. She played too much outside on the hot, hard pea gravel around our pool and the pad on her foot started coming off! Yuck! It made me sad (but I laughed too)..






2. I started summer school on Monday of this week! I'm taking Public Speaking. On thursday, I had to give my first speech. It was called "Any Old Bag," and we had to introduce 3 items and a bag they were packed inside and what each item represents about our past, present, and future. For my past, I chose my high school diploma. For the present, I chose my camera. And for the future, I chose this willow tree angel (representing my bf Chris!) 



3. I'm pretty sure I swam everyday this week. Seriously, it may be hot, but it is PERFECT swimming weather! 

4. I've booked my first newborn shoot for next thursday and I've been working on props for it! The photos will be up soon! I absolutely can't wait. To have the opportunity to take portraits of a new, precious, sleepy baby is incredible to me. <3

5. Here is a glimpse at my closet. In color order of course. Yep, I'm organized. 


6. I've decided to keep my camera out of it's bag from now on. I got to the point where I didn't feel like getting my camera out all the time, so I stopped taking photos of the little things. Now, it sits on my desk ready to capture any moment. 

7. I made my own party decorations today! I'm turning the big 18 in a little less than 2 weeks! AHHH. It's so soon. But, my party is next week. I got the cutest idea from Ashley Ann's Blog. I made garland for the windows that will match the colors of the plates and everything that I'm using for my party! 

First, I chose scrapbook paper that coordinated with my colors.. And punched them out with a puncher. 


I then stitched the circles together into long strings. 


Like this... And then I stitched the strings together across the top to make garland (they will be hung over the windows in the kitchen. 


The aftermath. :)


I'll be sure to have photos of the garland in-use in one week when we're partying it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment