Thursday, February 11, 2010

And it begins...

Here is my very first blog post. I first want to start with photography!

Photo By: Chelsea McAuley, Me!! I love the contrast of light and dark, but still with detail. I love the off centered oil digger thingy (rule of thirds!!) and the vintage look...

I was looking through all the available courses last november when deciding what to take this semester and stumbled upon PHOTOGRAPHY 1: THE CAMERA. I've always loved to take pictures, and I was immediately drawn to it. So, I ran downstairs and asked my mom if I could take it (because they're paying for school and it doesn't apply to my major..) Anyways, she said yes.
I walked into class the first day expecting to be taught stuff I'd aready heard about. Oh boy was I wrong! It is all very complicated with aperture and shutter speed, white balance and ISO, focal length and metering, I could go on and on! But, as I sat there, the first day hearing words and learning things I didn't understand, I was so excited!! This was new. And something I can learn from scrath. A new hobby! Ever since marching band ended, I've been longing to WANT to do something else, and I've found it!
[Brittany Harvison, a good friend of my mom and I, is beginning to do photography professionally and she doesn't know it yet, but I hope to one day be her little apprentice! Plus a shout out to her.. check out Brittany Rae Photography and Designs!]


Photo By: Chelsea McAuley, Me!! This picture was taken on a little excursion to a new park Chris found! I love the mood of this photo. I'm coming back here for a project I have for my PHOTO class later in the semester..

I'm going to try to always post a picture I've taken as a way to document my growth as a photographer.

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea,
    I am so proud of you, and so excited for you! I had many of the same feelings during my first photography class at Sam Houston State University. It can all be so overwhelming at first!

    I am tickled and honored that you included me in your first blog post! I would love to have you come shoot with me some time as a second shooter. Fun!

    I know that you will become a great photographer, because, you are a great portrait model. You are already on your way... you mentioned my favorite aspect of good composition: the rules of thirds. You will forever look at thing differently!

    Congratulations on your blog debut, and welcome to blogging and photography!

    Hugs,
    Britt

    ReplyDelete