Tuesday, February 23, 2010

UHCL...

Yesterday was my transfer advising appointment at
University of Houston Clear Lake.
It  went really well and I'm feeling good about transferring there!

This semester God has pressed on my heart that maybe HBU isn't right for me. I love it there, but it is very far from where my life is centered, and I've never really felt home at HBU. Faculty and students are great, but I'm just not sure it is where I'm supposed to be learning.
UHCL has a renowned Psychology department and photography classes I can take! (HBU's photography program will be no longer after this semester.) Plus my momma teaches there sometimes! The campus is great and it is still small. I was able to find parking, unlike at University of Houston main.
The UHCL Spring Open House is this Saturday and I will be attending to officially apply for Fall '10!



Now... this is going to take a lot of work. I need 12 more hours to get in, so summer school here I come! Well in july i will be starting summer school. I will still be getting a good break.

For the first time in my life, I'm looking forward to the change. CHANGE. I don't do change, but God is giving me this new perspective. Change can be good. I think it's going to be a good thing for me...

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying UHCL will be a good fit for you!

    BTW, I don't like change either. I don't handle it so well!

    ReplyDelete