Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goodbye Fall 2010...



Today, I finished my last final at San Jacinto Community College. Starting in January, I will be a Lamar University Cardinal (Uncle Rob should love this!)... I cannot wait! But I am so excited for a month of relaxing Christmas-filled break.


lamar25.jpg (200×185)


Recently, I have been crafting some cute things for my dorm room. The first one is a simple photo holder that I made with the gold frame I found at an antique store here in Pearland. This frame has had multiple lives, first most likely as a frame, next as a photo prop (see it in use here), and now as a photo holder! 



I started by cutting a roll of cork into a 16x20 square. Then, I rapped the cork square with black fabric from Hobby Lobby. I used jersey cotton fabric, but I wouldn't suggest that because it was extremely flimsy fabric and difficult to work with! 

I cut the maroon ribbon and laid it out in a criss-cross pattern. Then, I hot glued it at the crosses and on the back. 

To finish, I added the flowers cut out of cute vintage-looking paper from Michael's and the buttons. I SERIOUSLY <3 BUTTONS! :) 


The next craft I worked on was the clothespins to hang photos in my dorm. The plan is to hang some black thick string and clip photos to it with clothespins. So... I mod-podged newspaper over the clothespins and added... what else... BUTTONS! 




1 comment: