Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Life Lately...

Last weekend, I went to visit my best friend, Lindsey, at LeTourneau. :) We were each other's Valentine. <3 I felt so blessed for being able to visit her! I survived the long drive, and gained a weekend of fun, love, insight, and worship. 


It's funny how the smallest things can make the biggest impact... When I was at LeTourneau, one of Lindsey's floor mates said something so simple, but so powerful! After sharing a verse she had read earlier that day, she said "I seriously love reading scripture. I am just so in love with this book!!" I was in awe. I was inspired. And, I can honestly say I am discovering everyday what it means to be in love with Jesus and his book! Truly in love. 


Here is my verse for last week... It's one I stumbled upon, and well, fell in love with.


"But God's foolishness is wiser than men, and God's weakness is stronger than men."
1 Corinthians 1:25

Neat perspective, huh? My strength doesn't even compare with God's weakness. And I know God is strong. So how could I possibly NOT depend on Him, give my life back to Him, and worship Him?

In other news, I HAVE REACHED MY 50% MARK FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR ETHIOPIA! This means I am officially, for sure, without a doubt, on the trip. Why? After you reach the 50% mark, you can buy your plane ticket! :) GOD IS FAITHFUL. Korah, my mother, and I still need prayer, though! Look HERE for prayer requests and more information on my trip! Also, I am speaking at my school at the Baptist Student Ministry's free lunch this Wednesday about my trip. Please pray God speaks through me, and I don't get too nervous!! :)

In other other news, I cut my hair off. It was too poofy for my liking, so it's gone. That's what you get hair, for being unmanageable...


1 comment:

  1. One. I love you.
    Two. I love that you enjoyed yourself here.
    Three. I love that Maddie said that to you. She says it often and it IS inspiring.

    This blog made my whole night better. :)

    I'm so glad you came.

    ReplyDelete