Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ethiopia!!!

I am officially announcing my trip to Ethiopia this coming May! 


God very quickly placed Ethiopia on my heart and in my mind after attending Acquire the Fire back in January. I knew after the conference that I wanted to go somewhere to tell about God. Global Expeditions is a great organization specifically designed to send young people to spread the gospel! So, I knew I wanted to go with Global Expeditions. I went online to www.globalexpeditions.com to look at the different trips. Well... there are so many! Where God wanted me was very quickly my prayer! For a reason I can only attribute to God, Ethiopia was always at the forefront of my mind and soon my heart. So I applied for the trip to Ethiopia from May 14-26 and got on the team! I cannot be more excited!! :)


I will be traveling to the village of Korah, right outside Addis Ababa (the capitol city). The village is one of great, unbelievable poverty. Children and adults alike search for food at the local trash dump. Nobody travels to this village because they believe the residents are cursed. In short, Korah is in desperate need of love. God's love! They need to feel important, and God is just the guy to go that! He who knew each of them before they were even born. He who made them wonderfully. He who makes no mistakes. He who can offer them an eternal life in Heaven! Anyways, please please please watch this video so you can get an idea of where I am going and who I will be serving in Korah!



The Village of Korah - A short documentary from Session 7 Media on Vimeo.


I will not be able to go to Ethiopia without your help! I need prayer!! Lots of prayer! The enemy will be doing what he can to prevent me from going, so please pray for these things:
- Financial Support
- Personal spiritual preparation 
- Political stability in Ethiopia
- Safe travel


I am also asking for you to pray about possibly being a financial supporter. I will be posting how to donate to my mission fund a little later. Until then, please pray! 


I will be updating soon! Thank you to all who follow me and for your prayer! God is in control! 


His Hands and Feet,

No comments:

Post a Comment