Monday, August 23, 2010

Cupcakes and Crafts...

Happy Monday everyone! I'm praying for all the kiddos out there counting down the days until Christmas! :P


GREEK YOGURT CUPCAKES


As mentioned in my latest post, I made cupcakes! Now, I've never made cupcakes in my life. Weird, I know. But I haven't had ANY interest in the kitchen (unless it involves eating) ever before. But, I was watching the Seaworld Birthday Bash episode of Cupcake Wars and my creative juices got flowin'. So, my mom drove me to Kroger and we got:

  • 1 box of 18.25oz Devils Food cake mix
  • 1 cup (1 1/3 containers) of Greek vanilla yogurt
  • Icing (big container!)
Once home, I:
  • Added the whole box of cake with 1 cup of the Greek yogurt
  • Then, mixed it all with 1 cup of water. 
I then scooped the cake mix into aluminum muffin holders and baked for 25 minutes at 350. (I did 12 at a time, but made 23 total..)


For the icing, I added about 3 drops of green and 2 drops of blue food coloring. Then scooped into a baggy, cut off a corner, and squeezed the icing on top of the fully-cooled cupcakes!





End result: 


Last night, I was tweeting about how I had made cupcakes. Well, a baker who appeared on Cupcake Wars of Food Network (@RedVelvetStef), asked me for a pic! Well, she wanted to feature cupcakes that people had made over the weekend when her episode of Cupcake Wars aired! So, here is the link where my cupcake is featured (unfortunately it's only an iPhone photo. :/) But still cute! 

http://www.redvelvetstefanie.com/category/blog/ 


P.S.- You can follow me at @CMcPhotography!

MINI-SCRAPBOOKS

Now, the other half of this blog post it titled Crafts, and here is why. I thought of a super fun craft idea to do with my kiddos I nanny! We've had so much fun this summer and so I thought it would be fun to make mini-scrapbooks with photos from our summer. So, I put together scrapbook kits for each of the kids to make their scrapbook..


Here is how to put together this easy and fun craft. 

1. Cut 2 pieces of card-stock in half, punch holes, and tie with string. 


2. Print pictures.


3. Pre-cut scrapbooking paper in different sizes, shapes, and colors. 

(sorry it's blurry. :/ )

4. Cut out individual stickers (this will prevent the use of TONS of stickers, costing you big bucks!)


5.  Add other fun craft items (here I added my favorites.. buttons and ribbon!) 


6. Add all the supplies together and you have a mini-scrapbooking kit! 



Note: Be sure to have scissors, double sided tape, and a chaperone! Have fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cool Chelsea! You are so talented all the way around! I loved the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete