Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Seven on Sunday.. Except it's Tuesday...

I'm sitting in San Jac South and it's 9:06pm. Thursday is my last day of summer school. Of course, one week after that I'll be started the fall semester, but at least I will get one last week of real summer. I'm writing all of this, because I've realized something. I decided I would do "Seven on Saturday" which turned into "Seven on Sunday" which has now turned into "Seven on Sunday, on Tuesday!" I am supposed to be doing this so that I can blog consistently! But, along with realizing my slacking blog nature, I've realized that if I get my panties in a was about not blogging "on time" I'm going to get burnt out very quickly. So, that being said, I will still blog about my week in a "Seven on Sunday" style SOMETIMES, but my week will be blogged about nontheless, somehow.

1. Monday was the second official day of my Grandma JoAnne's visit to Houston.  So what did we do? We showed her EVERY part of Houston. She got a tour of downtown, the tunnels, Rice Village, the Med Center, my dad's work (including an introduction to EVERY one of his employees, our church, HBU, UHCL, and of course Clear Lake (the actual lake, haha).



2. Tuesday, I crafted with Jamie all morning. :) I was getting nervous about having to give a speech that day, so I decided to craft to get my nerves under control. It worked! And we created these adorable, functional picture or jewelry holders. <3

3. Wednesday, I was given the arduous task of driving my Grandma and her partner Chuck to Bush Airport. All I can say is I survived to tell about it today. :P

4. Thursday, I became an organ donor. I checked "yes" when renewing my license. Hopefully, someday I can save someone's life. That would be pretty neat. When telling my mom, I was like, "All I need is my soul! They can take the rest. :)"


5. Friday was spent half at Cheesecake Factory, YUM!!, and half in the car. On the way to Temple...

6. On Saturday, I FRISBEE GOLFED! and we celebrated my Grams and Grandaddy's 45th wedding anniversary. Holy Dang is all I gotta say. I mean, I hope to accomplish that one day, but it's a different story witnessing people succeed at a marriage for 45 years.

(photos courtesy of my dad :) )




7. Sunday, my mom, sister, and I shopped 'till we dropped. Literally. 5 hours spent at Premiere Outlet Mall on 290 = good night sleep.

I've also started my Project Life scrapbook. It's so fun and easy. :) I recommend it to all crafters, nostalgics, scrapbookers, photo-album-ers, well, anyone!

2 comments:

  1. yeah for organ donation

    yeah for project life!! Did you happen to look at mine while you were staying here?

    ReplyDelete