Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fall 2010... (warning: transparent.)

It's interesting to me how portions of our lives get named different things based on events. For instance.. "the summer between 8th and 9th grade" or "Christmas Break." Well, the time that I'm about to be in is called "Fall 2010." I have not changed, or so I think, and nothing else substantial has changed in my life. Simply stated, I'm going to learn new things. Except, you see, "Fall 2010" is so much bigger than that. It marks so many things for me. Things that are going to be changing. Here is what will hopefully be changing for me..


1. I learn how to make friends, and I mean really make friends, not acquaintances. 


2. My photography "business" blossoms... God's will permitting. :)


3. I learn to appreciate MAKING food, not just eating it. (So far I've learned to make sausage and fresh green beans, apple tuna salad, and greek yogurt cupcakes.. post coming soon! :P)


4. I grow undeniably closer to my already good friend Jesus. 


5. That Chris and I experience a new level of appreciation for each other. 


So, bring it on "Fall 2010." With the help of aforementioned Jesus, :) I will not be anxious any longer. I'm jumping into this new season head first, with great expectations. 


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Phillipians 4:6-7


Here are a few things that have been going on in my week..


- I made myself a new craft station! It's in my guest bedroom, haha. I'm semi-modeling it after Angela Moore's. :) 




- Emily, my little sister and I, have been spending a lot of time together. She's hilarious!




- I am almost completely ready for this new semester of classes. School supplies- check. Tuition- check (thanks Daddy!...) New clothes- check (again.. thanks Daddy!) Books- check! 




- I got a wild hair and made cupcakes. Haha. I've never made cupcakes in my whole life! 




- Chris and I went to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels. It was packed but very fun!! 


- And random picture for the week!!:


No comments:

Post a Comment